Did you hear?

Farrah Fawcett just passed away from cancer. How terribly sad. Barbara Walters is doing a special with Ryan O'neal tonight on ABC, which obviously was tapped before this. How heartbreaking.

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• People pass every day. She was really no more special than someone who loses a parent, friend, or loved one of any type. Sure, it is sad, but to me not in a personal way at all.

Anonymous

• I agree with the above poster.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• wow little blue anon.....no heart.....huh?
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 2:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• wow sarapurser.....no heart.....huh?
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 2:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• None of us knew her, that's what I don't get. I do have a very big  heart, but I'm not going to be sad in any more than a fleeting moment for someone I don't know. I have empathy for her family, but it does not personally hurt me.

Anonymous

• I agree with the PP.

I will never understand why people make such a big deal of the goings-on in the lives of "celebrities".

Just because a person chooses acting or singing etc., as a career, how does that make them so much more special than anyone else in this world? They are just people, like everyone else. What's with the paparazzi and the glitz? I don't get it. Why do people have to fawn all over them?

If someone "famous" dies, yes, it's a tragedy for their family and friends. But why is it a tragedy for everyone else who never even knew them? What's the difference between their death and any other?
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• She inspired a lot of people that is the difference that is why people who didn't know her personally are sad that she is gone..
    Anonymous

• You didn't see the other post that says this exact same thing?
    Anonymous

• I am sure it was heartbreaking for the family. I lost my mom to cancer in Feb and i know much of what they have been through.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Cancer is a long, sucky road for everyone involved. My thoughts go out to her and her family and friends.
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 4:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2009