For Utah Mom's- daycare

I am really in need of some help here. Do any of you know if there is some way I can get help with daycare for cheap? Me and my husband CANNOT afford to live. He is working 80 hour weeks and I am staying home with our 1 year old daughter. And it's just not cutting it for the bills unfortunately. We are very in debt to family and friends and it's embarrasing, and we just really need to get on our feet! Anyways, we cannot afford 900 dollars a month for daycare so that i can get a job, does anyone know of any programs i could apply for or any religious groups who might be able to help us? Thankyou SO SO So much!

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 2:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't know your income but I live in Utah and I am on day care assistance. I applied thru Work force services, and they base it on your income! Being married though I am not sure that works.
    I dont' know about churches, but maybe check with the LDS church. Reason I say them is because I know several people they help out with anything they need like groceries, rent ect. However I don't know if you have to be a member or not. Where in Utah are you living?? Maybe that would help me get more ideas for you!
    Anonymous

• Yikes, where in Utah are you living that daycare is $900 a month? My step son lives in Sandy and his daycare is $200/month (he's in school though). But his sister, who is there full time, is $450 a month. When I lived in Logan I paid $380 a month for my daughter. Seriously... wherever you are looking for childcare if it's $900 a month you're looking in the wrong places!

And you can apply for childcare assitance through the state, though you may not qualify.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 7:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Your profile says you're in SLC, go to craigslist. Sorry - but there is a TON of childcare available in your area for WAY less than $900. Where did you get that number from? My stepson has been in childcare since he was an infant in the Salt Lake area and it has never cost that much.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 8:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2009