How can i tell my mom that i am moving in with my boyfriend and i am pregnant? I am 17 years old!!

JVonBank17

Asked by JVonBank17 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• One thing I would do that I think she will appreciate...will make her feel better and help you in the long run....make a list/plan of how you expect things to work out...
    i.e.-We will pay rent by bf working @ such and such and me working @ such and such...
    I'm applying for health insurance through such and such..
    .when I return to school baby will stay with so and so or go to such daycare and how it will be paid for by fill in blank
    Get the idea? It will help you figure out where you need to find help and what you've got covered.
    Good Luck Hun!!!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 3:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• you say "mom, i'm pregnant. i'm gonna move in w/ my bf so i dont burden you"
    Anonymous

• If you're not out of high school, don't move out. Tell your mom how bad you screwed up because you're not going to be able to raise that baby by yourself. And sorry to say, but teenage boys aren't exactly reliable fathers.

Use a condom next time.
    Anonymous

• well you can't than, she has to LET you leave, you can't just walk out.
    Dont make a huge scene, don't be rude.
    My suggestion to you is write a letter, being as KIND and loving as you can, and explain your intention and goals and that your keeping the baby. and WHEN SHE IS READY you would like to talk.
    its always better to write things down than blurt them out and cause a fight.
    your mother will probably be angry and hurt.
    so be kind, and dont be RUDE, and act like you no it all, because you dont, your still a baby yourself.
    are you done with school yet?
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• when will you be 18? if it is soon then i say you do what is right for you... how old is the father? does he work? is he reliable? dont hurt your mother though.... just let her know what happend and keep it simple
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• You CAN leave at 17. Your parents can't kick you out until 18 but they can't do anything if you CHOOSE to leave once you are 17. Trust me. My little sister moved out and both the police and my parents attorney told us that.

You need to just tell her and show her your plan.

This is what I would say "Mom I know that you raised me to make good decisions and choices. I chose to make a decision that I know you will not approve of but I've done it and there is nothing I can do about it now. My boyfriend and I have been having intercourse. I recently found out I'm pregnant.

***GIVE HER SOME TIME FOR SHOCK*** Then...

I know your disappointed in me and I'm sorry for that. I am planning to move in with my boyfriend. I have a job and he has a job. We feel it's our responsibility to raise our baby and not burden you so that's why I've made this decision.

I respect your opinion on the subject.

THEN LISTEN TO IT!
    Anonymous

• Do not move in with the bf. It sounds romantic in the beginning...having your family all to yourselves but reality will set in and he may not be the type of father you expect him to be. Stay with your Mom, own up to what you did and ask her for her help.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2009