What happens if your ultra sounds says your fluid is below a 6?

Today is my due date, and I am still pregnant (no shock i know is VERY common to happen with the 1st baby to go passed). At my last doctors visit he found said something in my urine was high and he is now worried about the fluid in the sack. So I have an ultra sound today to see what level it is at. I know if its below a 6 thats bad. But I dont know what they will do if it is. Plus my doctor is not the one that gives the ultra sounds. So my question is what will happen if it is below a 6? And does anyone know how soon my doctor will know so I can know what is going to happen?

HuntersMama09

Asked by HuntersMama09 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was 38 weeks pregnant with my first son and my fluid level went from 11 to 5 in the span of a week. My doctor was notified and he had me stay all night in the hospital for observation and bumped my c-section to the next morning. Grant was born a healthy 8 lb. baby. They did an ultrasound on his kidneys to make sure the low fluid level didn't put any strain on them...he was fine. He is a happy 3 year old now.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 2:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I've not heard of low fluid levels though it sounds like you might be leaking..idk. Of course I had a whole other set of problems when I was pregnant with my son and now with this baby it's a whole new set of problems. Good Luck to you and keep us all posted once your baby is here.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• the doctor should know pretty soon by the ultra sound and most likely they will set you up to be induced i had low fluids around 38 weeks and they said as soon as i hit 39 weeks if it didnt get any lower then they had to induce me so i got induced. Good luck :)
    Nychic155

Answer by Nychic155 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2009