How long did your first labor last?

And how long before you delivered did they give you the epidural if you got one?

Mrs.Fouche

Asked by Mrs.Fouche at 2:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 4 hours. i got an epi when i was 3 cm (about 2 hours before i delivered)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• 4 days of contractions and screaming pain 15 hours in the hospital
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• 16 hours. I did have Braxton Hicks contrax for a week prior, though...although they weren't painful.
    I had a drug-free birth.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I went in on Thursday evening to get hooked up to heart monitors, cervidil put in and rest. The broke my water the following morning and gave me pitocin, that was at about 8am. At noon I still had not had him and by then my doctor showed up and grilled me..."If you don't have him by 3pm we're going to take him out." Be my guest chick.
    So at 3pm, still no lilman. I was given the epidural and was wheeled in to the O.R. and 14 minutes later my baby boy was born. So for labor I would say 7 hours but he was laying the wrong way and though I could feel the contractions they weren't as strong as I thought they would be.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I was in labor for 27.5 hours. I got an epidural after 24 hours.

I could of had my epi sooner but I really wanted to do it without. I ended up caving but it's not a decision I will make again, particularly if my next labor is shorter which I pray it will be. LOL
    Anonymous

• 24 hours 12 at the hospital. No drugs untill the emergency csection at 7cm.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Labor lasted 43 hours, I never wanted any pain meds.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 3:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• 4 hrs.... Well I remember tossing and turning the night before so I must have been in labor just not hard enough to really realize it. My water broke the next morning and 4 hrs later to everyones surprise I had a baby.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• 21 hours all natural, no epi. I did that with my third (3.5 hrs start of induction until he was out) never again . I say if I need a c-section they can just knock me out. This one will be all natrual as well.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• 7 hours ( i was induced with pitocin) and i got my epidural about 2 hours in. i only got it that soon because they told me if i waited there was a chance I wouldn't be able to get one later due to the availability of the anethesiologist that day. I didnt want to take any chances of not being able to handle the pain and not being able to get any pain relief either. Im glad I did cause the dr ended up having to cut me and I had 23 stitches...my DD had a HUGE head!

With #2 labor was 4 hours and I got my epidural after 2 hours because I couldn't handle it anymore... I was already 6 cm but the pain was intense (I was induced so I was on pitocin which makes your contractions stronger) I was ripping the sheets off the bed I was in so much pain. Lol.
    Vsoul0608

Answer by Vsoul0608 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2009