wow, help really isn't that easy to find.

I decided to leave my job and stay home with my kids. I will be having my second in august. Anyways i said i would stay until we find and get someone trained. And i am amazed at how slim the pickens are. I would think there wold be lots of people looking for work, but there hasn't been a lot of applicants and some of the ones that have just aren't really qualified, and a couple of young girls (who are probably actually smart and could do the computer side of things) just seem to have attitude problems. Just coming in to ask for an application they seemed rude, unpersonable and unfriendle. And this is a place where you deal with the public a lot in person and on the phones. I can't help think to myself why would someone present them selves like that. Is anyone else finding that in there community hiring is not as easy as it would seem

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• YEAH, WE OWN ARE OWN BUSINESS AND HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE QUALIFIED FOR IT, IT IS A COMPUTER JOB SO YOU ATLEAST HAVE TO HAVE A DEGREE IN NETWORKING AND OR A MASTERS IN COMPUTERS. ALL THE PEOPLE WHO SHOULD GET THE JOB ARE NASTY PEOPLE AND EVERYONE THAT DONT HAVE ENOGH EXPERIENCE ARE THE SWEETEST PEOPLE... I WOULD THINK HOW THINGS ARE THAT THERE WOULD BE MORE TO CHOOSE FROM...
    Anonymous

• At my old job we got the worst applictions in. The spelling and answers were very funny. I used to whiteout personal info and keep a file of the funny ones. Someday I would love to send it to Leno cause it is unbelievable what people will turn in!!
    One question was: Do u have a felony? If yes Explain: He said yes and wrote: do to some man messing with my wife!
    LOL nice first impression
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I know! I keep hearing there are hundreds of applications for few jobs and then when you see who is applying they don't even care, they are only doing it to pretend to be looking for work. Men can't or won't pull their pants up, moms who write cover letters demanding health care coverage because they have kids. It's important, yes, but not showing any interest in the job, only what the job should do for them. Then there's people who work for three weeks and start demanding raises because they've been showing up. Don't even get me started on people who call in with a 5 minute excuse. They won't be there is all that matters. I don't want their drama!
    Anonymous

• I wish I lived where you guys do! My problem is finding a job! I will have a Bachelors degree here shortly and no one will hire me because I lack experience. I even have impressive skills, computer knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and can even type 65 wpm. However, silly me- I chose to be a SAHM and raise my own children and therefore employers look down on me for that.
    Anonymous

• Post the position on Craigslist; depending on where you live, it will be free or $25.00

To: anon 3:26 - I do career and job search coaching. I may be able to help you structure your job search. Feel free to contact me -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 5:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• omg, i would never post a job on craigslist. You will get even worse applicants coming in.
    Anonymous

• craigslist is cheap for advertising for sure. and when a company needs to save you just have to be prepared to sort alot of applications.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• When my husband was hiring for his department he saw a man come in and greeted him. The man did not respond so my husband went to the reception desk, picked up the man's resume and tossed it in the trash. People were shocked but he was right, he didn't want a person like that wasting his time and certainly not working there (they worked with the public).

Those girls who are rude when picking up applications should have more sense. Age is not an excuse.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried with a temp agency? It costs more than the hourly wage but if someone doesn't show up one day you can call and get them to send someone else. I was in your situation and instead of staying to train the new person, every day I wrote out a sheet of instructions. Otherwise I would probably still be there because management didn't like anyone who applied.
    Anonymous

• i just found my current job on craigslist..started today...if you ask for specific requirements..and then have them fax or email a resume..you can nit pick through it from there. and save yourself the time...or have them pick up an app in person, that way you see them first....

I know where i worked a couple years ago we used to make fun of some of the applications..they were HORRIBLE! and some of them got hired....then the business fell apart...its pretty sad what suffices these days, people just generally dont know how to dress, talk, or behave proff. anymore!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2009