Al Qaeda claims to of killed American Aid worker from Tennessee..Have you seen this??

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529034,00.html

Sad the man had 4 children

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 2:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Trying to convert radical muslims was very stupid on his part. Still very sad though.
    Anonymous

• That is just terrible...
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 2:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Its all Bush's fault. don't ya know
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Lol carpy. . .bush killed off the dinosaurs and gave Eve the sinful fruit too, didn't you know?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I am sorry that he died, but why the desire to convert the Muslim's to Christianity? I don't understand that drive. HOWEVER, I feel bad for his family.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Why does it matter that he was sharing the gospel of Christ with others? Seriously seems so many now want to defend tooth and nail any others sharing their beliefs as long as it isn't the dreaded Christianity huh?
    Anonymous

• Isn't there a difference between talking about and sharing your beliefs and trying to convert someone?

I feel bad for a his family..they'll have to carry the memory of how he died forever. Tragic.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• No, my point is, they don't want to be converted, they find it offensive, I guess as offensive as you would find being converted. He could have spread the word here. I was commenting that I don't understand that drive, and because of me not understanding it, I feel that he could have protected his life better, especially since he is a parent.

I still feel sad for a lost life.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 5:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• What is the huge difference between sharing and trying to convert? Did the guy hold a gun to a muslims head or tie them down and make them listen to what he had to say? Did he deserve to be killed for sharing what the Bible tells him to? Are we now going to side with AL Qaeda which hmm last check they are radical terrorists who want all Jews,Christians,and American Infidels dead.Yeah makes alot of sense jackals
    Anonymous

• But you are putting American personality, religious ideals, and tolerance on people that do not feel that or have not been brought up in that environment. In fact, they feel that it is one of the most dastardly things to do.

I am not siding with AQ, because I am an American and it is wrong to kill a person, especially a person that is just expressing his views. My point was that he, as a missionary must have been made aware of the risks. That doesn't make his loss of life any less sad, but she and I are commenting that he as a father could have protected his life better.

And more over, if the article was posted only to garner a "oh, poor guy", which I doubt since it was posted in P&CE, she and I were just discussing the debatable part of his death.

it is a tragic loss of life.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 5:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2009