Looking at minivans...

I am a young mom and I love my Dodge Calibur now but I am looking at getting a used minivan... I have looked at Chrysler Town & Country, Honda Odyssey, and VW Routan. Any other good ones? If you have any of these or others do you like them? What make, model, & years are good? Is it worth it to get the DVD & Navi already installed or go for an after market one?

Mamakat90

Asked by Mamakat90 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Travel

• Let me start off by saying, NO KIA SEDONA. I had one and the rotors on mine were going bad all the time (within a couple of weeks of having them replaced)..very dangerous.
    Chrysler Town and Country is good and less expensive but the Honda Odyssey is great and more costly...Sometimes it is cheaper to get the dvd player and navigational system put in elsewhere but some like to already have it installed because it is less hassle and no money out of pocket--so to speak... look at which one is more fuel efficient and has easy access. My Honda Odyssey 2008 has a remote start (great for winter) and sliding doors that worked by remote. I loved it. Also look at how much your insurance will be with each van. and how much your monthly payments would be. My Kia was $398 a month and I got 17 miles a gallon. (not good at all) So explore all your options..check safety rating and car fax report and if it has a latch system or not. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I have a 2003 Dodge Caravan. I absolutely love it! We are kinda particular to dodge though, my husband also had a Dodge truck. One think to look for that I absolutely love and don't know what I would do without, is the captains chairs for the middle row instead of the bench seat! This is a great feature for us since I have a 2 year old that doesn't like her seat touching anyone or anyone sitting next to her!
    usafwife314

Answer by usafwife314 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I have a 07 Chrysler Town and Country. Love it. Never had a problem with mine. The DVD is a life saver on long trips!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 3:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I have an 05 Dodge Grand Caravan. I love mine. The people before me had a DVD System installed (aftermarket).
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• we currently have a 04 Dodge Grand Caravan and love it.

I highley DON'T recommend any Ford Windstars, the transmissions have bad problems....three transmissions later we couldn't take it anymore....or afford it!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• We love our Canavan 2001
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I have a 2000 Toyota Sienna and love it. We've taken it on countless roadtrips and it does really well. I am thinking about a new one and would go with another Sienna or the Honda Odessy.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2009