how can you be so heartless?

a girl i know and worked with died in a car accident yesterday afternoon. i was talking to one of my other freinds from work and she said, and i quote, "i dont remember her so its lik WHATEVER to me" i was lik omg how rude! this girl just turned 18 last week, her mother died of cancer 2 weeks ago, she was a straight a stuent with scholarships to pitt college. i dont understand how she cant feel something for her brther and father who are greiving and all of her freinds who are in peices. do you think she went to far? do you think this is as heartless as i do?

xhellxfirex495

Asked by xhellxfirex495 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Wow, that stinks. Most people would feel bad even if they didn't know her and she worked with her.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• some people just dont understand how much it hurts to lose someone until it happens to them, maybe she hasnt lost anyone close to her, but it was still way out of lie and just plain disrespectful of her to say that.
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I guess the person that you worked with has not lost anyone close to her...dont let it affect you though....people grieve differently!
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 3:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• WOW even I feel bad, that is so sad, but you have to remember some people just don't know how to deal with deaths. You never know she might feel really bad and doesn't want to say anything. Seriously, my best friend lost her cousin and told me she never really knew her so it wasn't a big deal. A few days later I was at her house and she was in her room crying saying she never got to know her. So some people just try not to deal with deaths. Don't take it too serious, as long as you know how you feel then it's ok.
    Anonymous

• Well,,,,,she shouldn't have said that out loud to anyone..How she feels is how she feels. But out of respect for the dead and the family and friends of the dead,she should have been nicer about it.

Answer by louise2 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• She probably shouldn't have said anything to someone who clearly was upset about the girl's death but I don't think it's heartless of her to feel that way. People die all the time and if it's someone I don't really know I'm not going to get my knickers in a knot over it.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• even if i don't fell as bad as the grievers,i still give thought to acknowledge how sad it is and my heart goes out to their family..very callous and immature on her part...i really hate the if it doesn't effect me directly attitude
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I think what she feels is what she feels but it would have been more tactful for her to keep it to herself.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Ya, that's pretty harsh there. Sorry to hear about your friend
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• some ppl don't bond and don't empathize. Don't waste energy trying to figure her out. Just appreciate your friend and her memory

Answer by admckenzie at 7:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2009