Does anyone have a new steam dryer ?

I have just bought a washer and dryer (LG) but it's not delivered until tomorrow. Mine does not have the steam feature and I'm wondering if I should have bought the dryer with steam. If I ever have t-shirts or sundresses, etc. that need a few wrinkles knocked out and I don't have time to iron them, I just throw them in the dryer with a wet hand towel and ... voila! This does the trick but I'm wondering if the steam dryer would do the same thing. I appreciate any feedback!!

madsmom11597

Asked by madsmom11597 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I'm not sure if this is the case for all steam dryers but my ex had one. I tried to throw a shirt to get the wrinkles out real quick and it didnt work nearly as well as my regular old dryer did. I ended up having to iron the shirt. Personally I hate to iron and that alone was enough to change my mind about wanting one. However it could have just been his dryer that is like that, and you may not be as lazy about ironing as i am. =)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I bought a front load without steam........we have a wrinkle release cycle that works like a charm. When I was shopping, I asked the saleswoman why steam was better.......she said all it did was get out wrinkles, well so does the other model so I went for the less expensive one.  I think it more marketing that makes us think we are missing out on the steam feature, but really we aren't.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2009