HELP?!?! What to do about a sister that has hurt feelings but the situation is totally out of my control?

I have 3 kids. #1 is a girl, #2 is a boy & #3 is a week old baby girl. My sister has 2 kids & #3 due in Sept. When she was pregnant with #1 she wanted a girl but got a boy, #2 she wanted a girl but got a boy again, last month she had a u/s and found out that #3 is a boy too. She really wants a girl but planned on gettin a tubal after #3. Last week I had my 3rd and I chose not to find out the sex. She was in the delivery room as she was with my first 2 kids. When the DR said "Its a girl" she started crying & walked out. Its been a week & she still isn't talkin to me. I talked to my mom earlier & she said my sister said she changed her mind about gettin a tubal as she wants a 4th child to try for a girl & "its not fair I got 2"

I'm worried she is gettin in over her head havin kids (& might be disappointed a 4th time) but more worried she wont talk to me again until she gets a girl! I dunno what to do..any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Its not your fault that you are having girls. If she wants to be positive then she can do sperm separation which is very expensive. She should not be mad at you, you cant help what sex baby she has. Just call her and talk it out. Let her know that she shouldn't be taking it out on you about the sex of the baby. I know a woman who is trying for a girl and now has 6 boys, and will keep trying...which I think is outrageous! I don't care what sex of baby I get, as long as the baby is a happy and healthy. Maybe she just isn't supposed to have girls. Tell her to pour all her love into your girls. Tell her to be happy with what she has, little boys love their mommies!

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• she'll get over it, there is nothing you can do (unless you give her your girl, trade kids!!!!) OMG totally kidding!!
    idk what you can do.
    sorry, this is something that she will just have to deal with and get over...
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• or she can stop having sex on ovulation days and try really hard to have a girl...there are ways but there are 100% guaranteed
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• they are NOT ^^^^ guaranteed
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• wow, it sounds like you sis is very self centered. Im sorry this is happening to you and get to suffer because of it. You sis needs to grow up and get over it imo. I wanted a girl with both my boiys, but that doesnt mean i get jealous of people that have them! I love my boys more than anythign and am jsut happy that they are healthy!

My advice to you would be to jsut stay quiet. let her come to you when she's ready. She s obviously working through some issues, and maybe the pregnancy hormones are getting to her as well, hopefully thats the cause of a lot of this. and she will eventually come around. Its really her choice how many kids she chooses to have. well her and her SO, and she may change her mind, when the time comes. its a big decision to cancel the tubal and have another. sorry if i sounded kinda bitchy in this, it kinda shocked me. Good luck, and congrats on your new little one!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 5:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• She sounds a little too immature to be having kids if she is upset with you over something you cannot control! I don't mean to be rude towards your sister but she should just be happy her kids are healthy. I do not think it is a good idea to have more just to try for a certain sex cause when she gets dissapointed it isn;t fair to the new baby.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 5:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• well obviously the solution is for you to just give her one of your girls. She's right, its not fair for you to have them all!

Totally kidding! She'll get over it (or have a litter of children).
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• HAHA chandra we made the same funny
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Give her time, her disappointment, isn't about you, it really isn't but that doesn't mean her feelings aren't hurt, not your fault, but she is pregnant and hormonal so everything is heightened now. Let her know you are there when she is ready.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 5:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• maybe your hubby should offer her sperm
    Anonymous