Wondering if this is possible

I could totally still travel Europe with a baby strapped to me, right? I'm 21 & was planning this huge trip to Europe in 2011 & obviously I wouldn't be able to party like I was planning on, but that's not what's important to me - I NEED to do this, I want to experience other country's cultures and food and beauty!! SO is going also...we already have so much money saved for it. Should i just continue saving and play it by ear? Is this even realistic?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 5:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Travel

• I was telling my husband your question and we think you should go and we can't think of any good reason why you can't take the kid. Obviously you won't have as much fun as far as partying goes, but it will still be a good trip. The only thing we see as being a real problem is if the kid gets sick while you are overseas. You have plenty of time to save up for other stuff and I think you'll end up regretting it if you don't go. We're actually saving for a trip to Europe when my husband has his sabbatical in five years. Our daughter will be five at that time, so she will probably stay with one of the grandmas for a week or two, but if she had to go, we won't cancel our trip and will take her.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• How old will the baby be, can you get one of yoru parents to watch while you are gone
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 5:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Can you leave your baby at home with a relative?
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• The baby would be almost 2 (I'm due in Nov & the trip is being planned for Oct of that year). My mom I'm sure would take him/her, I didn't really think of that...but even thinking of that makes me feel irresponsible just taking off for 2-3 weeks & leaving baby behind.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I think experiencing other cultures is extremely important. If you don't take your child, you can experience much more. Then you can instill in your child the importance of accepting other cultures.

Now, if you're planning to take a traditional tourist trip, then taking your child should be no problem. BUT, if you want to experience several other cultures on your own, you need to go alone.

How long are you planning to stay? How long are you going to be gone? How much money will you have? where are you planning to go? is partying a necessity?

I can help you a lot if you answer those questions.
    Anonymous

• The money would be better spent on continuing your education. or saving for your child's college. You are a mother now, what you want no longer matters. Every decision that you make must be based on what is best for your child.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2009