what to expect on induction day?

I'm being induced on Monday morning, what should i expect? i need details ladies :)

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 5:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well I was induced at 8am they gave a pill (pitocin) and I got all comfy in my room and waited . NOTHING happened for me till about 1-2pm when I started getting a few contractions. They broke my water around 9pm and I didn't end up pushing till midnight that night. I pushed for 2 hours and 17 minutes. It was easy for me had NO problems . Good luck !
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 6:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I was induced with my first. This is how it went. They had me come in at 6am, but did not get me into my room and give me pitocin until 830am. They started the peticion, I didn't feel anything. My doctor came in around 10am, checked me out I was dilated 3cm, then he turned up my pitocin. I felt some really intense contractions about a half an hour later. I asked for my epidural and by 12ish I was numb and the doctor broke my water. I was 10cm by 1pm and delivered my daughter a little after 130pm. It was all very easy for me. Good Luck and congrats.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• well, im already 4 cm dilated, and 90% effaced, my amniotic sac is bulging..im basically wondering if they'll just go ahead and break my water or what ....im anxious to get it over lol
    cross your fingers it goes fast :)
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 6:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• You are already half way there, lol. You probaby won't make it until monday.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2009