how long till my scar isnt that noticeable?

its been almost 6 weeks and my scar is still bright red? how long will it take to turn white or lighter?

thehippiebaby

Asked by thehippiebaby at 6:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• have you been to your doc for a check up lately? I ask because I had mine 4 1/2 weeks ago and it is still red and looking gross and I had it checked out today and it's infected... :( You might want to get it looked at if your doc hasn't checked it lately.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Sorry to tell you, but it's been a little over a year since my csection and my scar is a purple color ... not really light, definitely noticealbe.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I had mine almost 5 months ago, and it is getting better. It is still red on the one side where I had a slight infection. I think people heal differently, some slower than others. Unless you have an infection, you just have to be patient, and it will get better. But it will never go away completely.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 6:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I had mine done 7 months ago and you can barely see it anymore! :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• thank you to every body that answered
    thehippiebaby

Answer by thehippiebaby at 7:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I had mine 6 months ago and it is a light pink color now. Unfortunately I have a huge pouch of fat that practically slumps over it so it can really be seen anyway LOL. It's still kind of numb when I touch it!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• my son is 2 and a half and my scar is noticible only to me i have to actully point it out for so to notice
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 8:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My daughter will be 3 in October. My scar isn't noticeable anymore. There will always be that indentation there because of the cut and you can see the line visibly but that's it.
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It depends on a lot of things. How fair you are plays a role. How have you scarred in the past? Everyone scars differently. I'm very fair and scar badly. My baby is 13 months old and my scar looks the same as it did when he was 3 months old. I don't mind because it is so low. If you're fair, then the redness will most likely last for months, fade to purple, and then finally white as it gets closer to a year post surgery.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:22 AM on Jun. 26, 2009