When can the father feel the baby?

I see all the time about mom's asking when they will feel the baby, 18-23 weeks usually. I'm 21 weeks and papa wants to know when he gets to feel something.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was 26 weeks when my baby girl kicked her daddy for the first time!! It was hysterical, his arm flew off and he just had this shocked look on his face. I remember saying uh did she bite??? I guess its just as amazing to them as it is to us!!!!! Now he trys to play with her its too cute, its adorable!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• when you really feel that baby move, and can see your stomach actually start to undulate, the father can feel the baby. He should be able to feel really good kicks by now, but you have to time them right, and that is soooo difficult. it varies, really, my babies dad didn't feel the baby until about 28 or 29 weeks....when the baby was strong enough to stretch my belly.
    Anonymous

• well my hubby could feel her kick when i was just barely 20 weeks.. but i know with every person its different.
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 6:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I am 24 weeks and my hubby was just able to feel the baby last night for the first time since she is just now starting to kick hard enough for him to feel ! I started feeling her around 18 weeks,
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 6:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Aw those are all such nice stories. I haven't felt any sort of "kicking" my uterus just gets hard then relaxes.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I was expecting to have to wait a long time for my SO to feel anything, but it happened at 22 weeks to our surprise! I am overweight too, so it was a shock.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 6:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2009