How much would you charge...

... for watching an 18 month old boy, 36 hours a week for a month and a half. My hubby's friend is having his son come out for a month and a half, and I'll be watching him while they are at work. I've looked for normal prices in my area, but they really vary. What would you charge? I normally do $5 an hour, but since this is more full time, I was thinking $4, or a set fee for the week. I was leaning more towards the hourly rate because some days he will get off at noon and others closer to 4 and everywhere in between, without knowing ahead. Plus I have a few days I can't watch him.

Side note, I will be providing meals and snacks, but not diapers. Also, I will be taking him out places, zoo, parks, museums etc. I am not a licensed daycare, but I have been working in childcare and elementary schools for years. The guy is divorced and lives far from his exwife, so he doesn't have a price that he normally pays for daycare. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• $150 per week
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I think $4 an hour would be fine, but you might tell him for any outings you take that cost more than an hours pay, that it will be extra. Also if he wanted to send a gallon of milk or a box of cheerios once a week or so that would help as well.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 6:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I pay 100 a week for my child to stay in an unlicensed lady's home. She Keeps her for 5-6 hours a day 3-4 days a week.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• child care here is OVER $200 per week, so i gusee maybe it depends onthe going rate where you are
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2009