Do babies know when ur expecting?

I babysit for one and she seems more attached than when I wasn't. I've known the kid WAY before I got preggers. I was just curious........she likes to sit next to my belly, even though I'm not showing.

PeeDee

Asked by PeeDee at 6:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've always thought that small children and animals have a more highly developed instinct about things than adults do, and I know my dogs knew long before I did that I was pregnant. So why should a small child be any different? :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• when It comes to animals they can smell it.we prego's have a weird smell to animals.but babies and young child can feel it when you pick them up. All my nieces knew b4 I even knew. they say there is something about the pregnancy that young children like,makes them feel like home.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My daughter told me we could name the new baby the same name she has. We have not said a word to her about being pregnant because I just miscarried twice. I am 8 wks preggers! Also, our dog who ALWAYS jumps up on me when I take the food out has not done it once. IDK but it sure seems odd.....
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2009