Pagans, do you feel that ...

Harry Potter is "a true representation of witchcraft"?

link provided below.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The only thing that might be close to true witchcraft is the potions part of it. I have no idea since I am not a practicing witch, But I know "potions" are a part of withcraft, and so is divination, but I don't think you have to be a "witch" to practice either/or.
    And another tidbit of info: Did you know that the character of Dumbledore is gay? J.K. Rowling admitted it herself. I'm sure that bit of info will make the Christians love it even more. lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Anonymous

• No, although I love the idea of a wand zapping people and such LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• No, not at all. 

Witch/Wiccan FAQs- Witchvox

And yeah, wand zapping would be fun, lol.

AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• No. Neither is The Wicked Witch of the West. Or Charmed. Or Sabrina. Or Bewitched.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• The person who suggested that HP is a true representation of witchcraft because if it weren't witches all over the world would be all up in arms and saying "this isn't a true representation of our practices" was flat out wrong IMO. Witches aren't standing up and saying that because they know it's FANTASY and has little to do with the real world.

I have to say I actually liked that "sacrificial goddess magic of his mother's love" bit though That was rather insightful, though I know they didn't mean it in the positive light in which I took it.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 6:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• JK Rowling herself stated it's all fictional. The spells don't really work. So no it is not a true representation, but it's fun.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• no, i don't think its a 'true representation' of witch craft..anymore than superman and wonderwoman are true representations of police men/women.
    also, if by chance i(or any other xtian) did think it was, and upon realizing dumbledore was gay..why would it matter? one wouldn't be worse than the other, would it?
    btw..i've never read the books, know nothing about them..only hearsay from fans..i always assumed it to be too sophmoric for my taste, as far as 'literature' goes.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• not in the least but my son loves it lol
    nateswifey1211

Answer by nateswifey1211 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• no I don't..
    that's the problem with some people however.. they truly believe people have that sort of power.

if that were so, don't you think we would have taken over by now? We are all humans, the power in witchcraft is more of a spiritual power.. little different than Christians faith in prayer.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2009