REALLY freaking MAD! A local grocer just lot my business!

Yesteray I went to grocery store to pick up a few things. While I was there I made the mistake of walking past the bakery. I saw these chocolate rolls with cream in them. Kinda like a swiss roll but they were bigger. They were in a bakery package and the sign said "made fresh daily" so I bought them. I ate one when I got home and they were delicious. Well today DD brought them to me and wanted one so I sat her at the table and gave her one. She took a bite and got a weird face, I asked her what was wrong, she spit the bite out and there was a HUGE hard peice of plastic in it! I called the grocer and they said "sorry mame we dont make them, we buy them premade, package them and slap a sticker on them saying 'fresh from our bakery"" I asked where they get them from and they refused to tell me!!! My DD could have choked to death and they dont care!! I wont be shopping there again!

What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Definately not shop there. They could have had the courtesy to tell you where they came from.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I'd call them back and tell them they have a simple choice: Either they tell me where they get them from so I can talk to those people about what happened to my child, or I go to the local news and blame the grocery store for what could have happened to my child and the lack of compassion and remorse that the store had.

It sounds like they didn't even say they were sorry about what happened to your daughter, and that would tick me off. I definitely would not shop there anymore.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• they HAVE to tell you where they get them from. Go in and ask to speak to a manager theres a good chance you didn't speak to a real store manager...if no where there then a regional manager and then your local newspaper and stations, bad press for bad behavior!!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Complain to the manager, then if THAT doesn't work, complain to the corporate office!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2009