what do you think of this quote?

" Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• GEORGE CARLIN!

He's my homeboy. And he's so right on that one.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I think it's a bunch of bull crap. honestly. There is only one way to heaven and thats believing on the Lord Jesus Christ. So the ten rules don't mean anything... There are only two commandments God left us with and thats Love the Lord with all your heart soul and mind and love your neighbor as yourself. that's it.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• LOL. I don't know what to think of it. It's funny in the way it's presented tho'.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• GEORGE CARLIN!

OP HERE-- I know i LOVE him!!
    Anonymous

• He needs money, WHAT, God doesn't need money and he never asked for it! But I believe in God because if I just lived life with no meaning and thought when your dead that's it, there is nothing, you don't think, you don't feel, just dead, gone from the world, it would drive me crazy and I would never want to die, I would be scared to die. Believing in God and knowing that after life, after you have proven your love for him, you can be with him and enjoy eternity with your family and friends in heaven is a great thing to believe in. And to try and take that feeling away from someone is crappy, and it makes that person an asshole for wanting to make people miserable. Honestly I know God is real but hypothetically speaking if he were not why is it so wrong to believe there is more after life? Why make people miserable, let them believe in something to get them by during their life!!
    Anonymous

• Needs money aka Tithing!

I think its funny and I think it sounds pretty accurate when you boil that particular belief system down.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• George Carlin didn't die on your behalf, though.

I might consider his ideas if he died and rose again . . . ?
    Anonymous

• Ah, the censored version of this quote. I thought he used a few F-bombs and Bull Poops in it originally.

Well, he is totally offensive, but most comedians are. People pay money to go hear them say things that no-one else can get away with, and make fun of people and things. That is his job.

You can go to church and give you money to God. Or you can go to a comedy club and give your money to him to insult people and drop F-bombs. LOL.

I personally enjoy church more, and my pastor doesn't even tell dumb jokes. LOL. And like anon said above, Jesus died for me and rose again so I will follow Him.

: )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• God doesn't need money. but comedians do.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• George Carlin was so funny
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2009