How should I introduce my sixteen month old daughter to the pregnancy?

I was thinking about getting her a baby doll so that when the baby is born...I don't know....How can I do things with her to let her know there is a baby coming? Or let her know that theres a baby in my belly?

zoeilyy

Asked by zoeilyy at 6:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just take her hand and gently placed it on your belly and tell her there is a baby in there.
    Jemia

Answer by Jemia at 7:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I did the baby doll thing with DS. He STILL does it. He'll pick up the doll and rock it and hum (he just turned 2). And he is SUPER sweet with DD. I also used to cuddle with him and rub my belly and say "there's a baby in there", and say "Do you want to kiss the baby?" and he'd kiss my belly and rub it. And when DD was born (she will be 1 on the 7th), he was so excited. He tries to help with EVERYTHING, and he'll scream her name if she starts crying. Do whatever you can to help your child realize there is a baby in your belly. I even took DS with me to get an ultrasound, and told him "There's your baby!" and he got all excited and wanted to play with my belly. lol. You can even take your child around other babies to get them used to babies. The more you involve your girl, the easier it will be for her when the baby comes.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2009