What is the best way to wash a shower curtain?

It is the inside plastic liner. It isn't moldy or gross or anything, but has hard water stains on it. And then once I wash it how do I dry it? We are moving and I already took down the rod an hooks.

mawfia

Asked by mawfia at 7:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I put my plastic shower curtains in the washer with a whole bunch of towels on both sides. I use detergent and a lot of vinegar to remove the hard water minerals that build up. I use warm water in the wash, cold rinse. The cold water leaves it a bit stiff but after a short tumble in the dryer it warms up and is easy to handle. Don't walk away and leave it in there too long or it will melt (and don't put it on highest heat if your dryer is a heavy duty hottie). I usually put some dry, clean towels in the dryer with it to absorb the excess water, then dry those towels with the ones still in the washer.
    learnteach

Answer by learnteach at 7:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I would do the same, except put it in alone....in the washer with a little detergent and vinegar, then I hung it back on the shwoer rod to dry!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Yep, easily done in the washer, only I use gentle cycle with nothing else and hang it back on the rod to dry. Heat (even a low setting) from the dryer would shorten the life of your curtain, I would think. learnteach, how often do you have to replace yours?
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2009