Does anyone really believe in Zeus?

What about Diana?
Prometheus?
Medusa?
Hercules?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Are there any stories of these "gods" being flesh and blood and walking the earth? Healing people and getting rid of evil spirit. raising the dead? Are they any documented eye witness accounts of their existance? Or only poems and epics mythology. Just curious.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Pretty sure the ancient Greeks did.
    Anonymous

• Actually, there are many people who still worship this pantheon of Gods...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I'm sure there are, and i know there is a mom on here who follows Thor, and he is an ancient Viking gods (if I am not mistaken). I am currently looking into the Celtic and Druid gods, so the ancient gods have not fallen away as many people believe.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• You're correct, Ashley. Thor is one of the Norse gods, the god of thunder. Odin being the "head" god. My heritage is Swedish, and I've done a lot of reading about the Norse gods and mythology. I've never met anyone personally the worships/follows Greek, Roman, or Norse Gods, but I know they are out there.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• The greeks are just not the favorites anymore? Do people in greece still worship them? Is it a nationality thing (you worship the gods from where your anscestry lies?)?
    Anonymous

• Funny, I was just telling my son about how some people believe that Zeus is the god that causes thunder and lightening as well as controls the weather (we were watching a thunderstorm). I may not "believe" in them per say, but I do like to tell their stories at bed time and such because they are just so fantastical and lovely (I hope that didn't sound rude).
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 7:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• ptomom.....their books are no more or less "poems and epic mythology" than the bible. You can't prove who wrote or "inspired" either of them.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• The bible is not poetry they are collected scrolls of biographies. The only poem noted is the Song of Solomon. You can prove who wrote the bible, Every author and book have dates and geneologies.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• What would George Carlin say about them?

LOL
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2009