Cleaning Products???

I'm only 6 weeks pregnant but I'm concerned about the cleaning product that I'm using for my bathroom, kitchen, etc. What is safe? What did you use??

TriciaBailey

Asked by TriciaBailey at 7:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I absolutely adore the Clorox "Greenworks" brand. It is supposed to be all natural and non toxic and it actually works! And smells good...
    On that note I have also used Natures Source and I don't like it at all. It smells gross..
    mawfia

Answer by mawfia at 7:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I make my own cleaners for use in the home. The simplest basic all purpose cleaner is just equal parts vinegar and water. It's safe and a lot cheaper than buying chemical filled cleaners.

There are a few basic recipes here: http://www.womenandenvironment.org/campaignsandprograms/SafeCleaning/recipes
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• i agree with teh above 2.. my fav is vinager and water, amybe a little sish soap added, also baking soda
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 8:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Greenworks is not non-toxic, just less toxic.

This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non-toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, I make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I like Seventh Generation and Method (you can get it at Target) cleaning products.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Thank you sooo much! I'm just trying to make sure I'm not accidentally harming my baby when I clean! lol
    TriciaBailey

Answer by TriciaBailey at 11:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2009