Should I take him to be seen?

My DS is 11 1/2 weeks old. This is my 3rd week back to work. The first 2 weeks he started reverse cycling, which was frustrating but ok. This is my first week that I've worked a full week and my sister who watches him, says all he does is cry. I assumed he wanted mommy and just wasn't happy. Today is my first day off in 4 days and all he did for me was cry. He hasn't eaten much off the breast, but my mother did come over so I could run some errands and so I could take a nap. He did drink 2 bottles. So I know it's not b/c he's hungry. He just keeps crying whenever he's awake. Could there be something wrong with him? And he's not napping very long either--only about 30 minutes whereas he was napping for about an hour when he did nap. Should I take him to the pedi? Is there something I could be missing?

lilrie1980

Asked by lilrie1980 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• may be the start of teething. the fact that he doesn't want to nurse, isn't napping well and is fussy all day are all signs of teething. try some teething tablets, baby oragel or something like that see if that calms him down a bit and if it does than you 'll know that is it. is he drooling more often as well? b/c that is another sign of it.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2009