37 weeks and scared

Im 37 weeks pregnant now, I have Harlee's room all set up and I am so excited and anxious to meet her. But I can't help but still have this scared feeling deep down that something is gonna go wrong!! Is this normal to have this fear? And what can I do to relax myself? So far everything is going good at all my prenatal appointments so I keep telling myself not to worry but I still do. Im just an emotional mess.

Jessaroo1987

Asked by Jessaroo1987 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• welcome to mommyhood. its totally normal to worry that something will be wrong, after you have her and she's ok you'll worry that she won't eat enough, weigh enough etc.... just keep reminding yourself that so far everything is ok, and that your little girl will be just fine. right now you need to remind yourself that the doc said everything is great and try not to dwell on your fears, think about the things you look forward to, first time you see your baby, first smiles, words, steps etc..and that will get you past the fear
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Dont worry hun it happens to most of us when we're preg. I worked right up until I was 5 days overdue so that way I didnt have time to be worried but if I hadent I would have gone nuts w/ concern sitting around emotional! I did have my thoughts & moments & concerns that things would go wrong at the birth but all turned out fine & now I have a lovely baby girl! Dont worry if all is well at ur prenatal visits then there is nothing to worry about until something happens which most likely will not. Just enjoy the last few weeks u have alone!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Your hormones are contributing to this perfectly normal feeling. It sounds silly, but go to your "happy place" to calm down. Picture you and your happy healthy baby sitting on a swing in the evening air and rocking gently and contentedly. Smiling. peaceful.

Answer by Bmat at 7:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• It's completley normal, it only means your a good moma, so sit down put your feet up cuz in a few weeks your life will change for ever. good luck ;)
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• im 39 wks and this is my 3rd and Im going through the same thing..it's just the unknown. as awful as it sounfds, I find comforrt in thinking of women that have no prenantal care or even worse abuse themselves and have these wonderful healthy babies. Im taking vitamins, going to the doctors..so we are already working to having a healthy baby. you just have to have faith.

do things you wont be able to do in a few weeks. like dinner alone..nails done, go the movies, enjoy your pregnancy.its almost over.
    Anonymous

• its not really that im scared something is going to happen at the birth its more like im scared that something is going to happen before time for me to go into labor..i dont know, i guess im still scared of misscarrying or something. i keep trying to tell myself to calm down and everytime i feel her kick it reassures me but sometimes she can be really lazy and i know that but it still freaks me out when she doesnt move a lot. then when she does move a lot, i wonder if she is moving TOO much..I think I am honestly going crazy!!!!
    Jessaroo1987

Answer by Jessaroo1987 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• i felt the same way before i had my son i still feel that way now, im constantly waking up in the middle of the night to check on my sonand when i go out ill call like every 1/2 hour to check on him
    Amars_Mommy

Answer by Amars_Mommy at 8:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Look at it this way, what good will worrying about it do?

Is worrying going to prevent something bad from happening? No.

Is worrying going to make you unhappy? Yes.

So, why worry? As long as your doctor isn't worried, then I wouldn't worry either.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 8:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Watch her movements for a pattern. You may find that she is very active around the same time each day, and hardly active at the same times. This is normal. Let it reassure you that she is fine and working out her own schedule right now.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 8:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I went through it to...almost all mommys do (especially new ones) and you can try alot of things but because of your hormones and alot of other factors it probably wont help you might feel a bit better but in the long run its totally normal to worry and theres not alot that can be done except for birth... I reccomend a warm shower..a nap...and/or maybe just a day out with your friends or family
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2009