ok This has probably been asked alot..BUT!

If you and your kid went somewhere in the car and then notice u forgot to get something from the house...so you turn around and go back..."and u know where its at and everything." NOW what wud u do? leave ur kid "1 years old" in the car and hurry and run in and crab it...or wud u take ur kid out go inside and crab it and then put ur kid back in the car seat??

I was in this sistuation today and didn't know what to do..so i just decided to take her out of the car.

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Back when my kids were young I ran in and got it. Not sure I'd do it that way today.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I was in the same boat and my husband told me to just leave the baby in the car and make sure the car is unlocked. It took me less than a min to get the item but I still felt like I did something wrong.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I usually crack open all the window and lock all the doors and run in and grab it
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I live in a quiet area plus I can see our car from all windows in the kitchen so if I just need to grab something from the kitchen or living room which is by the driveway I just leave the door open (to make sure she dosent get locked in) & run in quickly. If I need to go to the other side of the house to get something I'll unhook her quickly. When I lived in the city last year though I would never leave her in the car unless dropping off a movie in the box and even though I was only going to the box which was three feet away I would turn the car off take the keys and lock all the doors and run tothe box and back.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I take the keyless entry off my keychain lock my car, leave the AC on cuz its hot and run in and get it...im forget full..but my son is over 20 pounds..to lug him in, upset him, for a 1 minute run up the stairs is crazy to me...i live in a prettys secure area....i go through this problem paying cash at the gas station too!!! i hate that!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I just run in and get it but I know all my neighbors and it's not likely anyone will be in my neighborhood waiting to steal my car with my kid in it in the 2 min it takes me to get what ever it is. On the flip side my kid is in a car seat and not likely to hurt them self outside of my vision for 2 min. Just me. It would b diff. If I was in an apartment or rough neighborhood or something.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• if its not hot out and im running in for a quick second i lock the car doors and leave my front door open while i run in and grab what i forgot but if its hot out i take them out the car since i need my keys to open the front door and i think its prettty crazy to leave ur kid in a running car i would never do that it would take a second for someone to see ur car running and steal it not knowing there are kids inside it........my friend witnessd that at chevron a while back the mom fig its cool i can see my car and ran in the store then she seen someone get in her car and take off......the police were on it fast and as soon as the guy seen the kids he stoped the car thank god for quck reacting
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 8:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I think it depends. When my son was a baby we were staying with my mom. She lives in a house in a very small town, i can see the driveway from just about everywhere in the house (lots of big windows). In that case Id run in and leave him in the car. Now my son and I live in a bigger town with some strange neighbors in an apartment. The parking lot is behind my apartment and I cant see the car from anywhere in my apartment. There is no way I would leave him in the car alone for even a second here.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I live in a rural area...the only thing likely to get my kids or my car is some woodland critter...deer, possum, the racoons can be a bit thuggish sometimes...LOL! I just leave my kids in the car...but I usually have the boys with me and they are 9 and 15 so they are capable of making sure nothing happens to the 3yr old.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 11:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• At my own home, in my own driveway? Of course I'd leave the kid and run in and grab it. Do you mean in a parking lot at an apartment complex? Then I would take the kid.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2009