Why isn't my baby calm with me?

My One month old baby girl never seems to be calm with me during a gas fit.But instantly clams with my husband.No matter how much i walk her rock her sooth her with a song talk to her nothing. I am breastfeeding her and wonder is it because i smell like breast milk all the time.They say she should be nursing off both breasts for 20 min but she barely gos 10 to 15 on one side before crashing.And has a difficult time burping or just gets the hiccups or go right back in to another colic fit.My doctor says everything is normal but I don't feel it is right.I'm getting frustrated with Breastfeeding and think maybe formula might help but I breastfeed my son for 10 and a half.Don't want to give up but dosen't know what to do.Have any of you had this happen to you with your kids.
Thanks

ohmama713

Asked by ohmama713 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd would not burp for me at all. second hubby touched her she'd burp. and if u r stressed she'll notice so try to relax when she has her fits, maybe dad has the right touch or hes calm
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• She is either picking up on your anxiety, or really excited about being around you because you feed her, or a mix of both. It sounds as though you are doing all the right stuff, so try to put aside anxiety and see if that helps. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Yep, if she senses you in distress, she will be distressed as well.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 8:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• She is probably excited or you are reading way too much into it. Just wait in about 6 or 7 months you won't be able to leave the room without her wanting to be with you!
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2009