• In the Spotlight:

activia and benefiber

Hi! There are so many for commercial for Activia saying that if you don't poop once a day and a certain length you are irregualar. I never knew that everybody's poop is the always the same size. I know this sounds so gross but is that true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I've never seen an Activia commercial that talks about how often and a length. I just see the ones that talk about it regulating your digestive system. I eat it, but no difference. I've never heard of it, either. But, they'll say anything to sell it, and they know that someone out there will buy it just b/c they say that.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• The Standard American Diet (SAD) has too much junk and not enough real food.

If people ate healthier, we wouldn't be on our way to having half of the children in this country overfed, overweight and under nourished. 1/3 of our children will develop Type 2 diabetes.

It just makes me sad...

Answer by rkoloms at 8:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• No it's not true...lol.

If a person eats more fiber, they're gonna go more often and regularly. If a person is on a liquid diet there obviously won't be the same "amount" because there aren't as many solids.

Personally, I'll stick to eating my fiber the natural way, with plenty of fresh veggies, fresh fruits, cooked dry beans and REAL whole grains, not overly processed foods.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009