10 month old eating issues

My daughter is 10 months old and refuses to eat the stage 3 food except for the fruits. I try giving her table foods but she only wants table foods when we're eating it and if its off our plate. If we put table foods in hew own bowl and feed her that way she just spits it out. She lost 2 pounds since her last check up so now I have been feeding her two stage 2 jars of food at a time. My question is when did your baby stop eating stage 2 foods and started eating table foods like a pro?

drs1206

Asked by drs1206 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter was done with jar foods around 10 months. she did the same thing w/eating off of our plates, so for about a month she only ate off our plates, i would still put a small amount on her plate and then feed her off my plate if she wouldn't eat hers after about a month of this, she just started eating hers instead of insisting on ours.
    for her i think it was a wanting the "big person" food thing, and she didn't realize that she had the same thing,once she realized that it wasn't an issue anymore
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• my dd just turned 9mo and is absolutely done with being fed by me or hubby. if she can't put it in her own mouth she gets upset. soooooooo i give her finger foods throughout the day and then she eats dinner with us and usually gets small pieces of whatever we're eating.
    *sighhhhh* i just bought a ton of stage 3 food a few weeks ago!!!

my dr. did tell me 12mo is the peak time for picky and fussy eating. so if things seem bad now, we're sure in for a real treat!!! :)

good luck!
    kitkatsmommy

Answer by kitkatsmommy at 9:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Will she feed herself? My son started to prefer to self-feed at that age, so I was putting food on his high chair tray and allowing him to self-feed whenever appropriate.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2009