Just horomones or is it ok to be mad?

My step mom has a friend who lives near by, well my step mom was supposed to watch her daughter but had to go to the batting cages instead. Well they decide to come over here and ask my to watch her along with my step moms 7 year old daughter, and the other ladys daughter is 3. I didnt want to do that and I told my step mom that since I was pregnant and had a 2 year old of my own I didnt think it was a good idea. She proceeded to bring her friend over and then the friend said to me "You should watch her, you have to get used to it anyway". Which btw...watching a new born and a 2 year old is far different than a 3 year old and a 2 year old. She then started to argue that it was the same, saying the age difference between are kids is the same that will be between my two kids. There is 16 months between her daughter and my daughter, and there will be 27 months between my kids. As we speak her daughter is thrashing my house....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just want to know if I am just being stupid or if anyone else would be mad too? I do not want to watch these kids. Also the 7 year old keeps taking the toys away from the toddlers, so I made her sit and watch TV instead....
    Anonymous

• I would have told the lady that watching a 2 yr old and 3yr old and being preggo is NOT the same AT ALL. I would call that women up and tell her she needs to come and get her kid NOW. Is she paying you for watching her child?
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I would have refused to watch her kid...no matter what she said NO MEANS NO your pregnant you dont need an excuse to not want to watch HER kids..not your job not your problem
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• no Im not getting paid for this...
    I think I am going to go insane!!!
    Anonymous

• You shouldn't need an excuse at all. She seems pretty pushy to keep insisting on it anyways. That would have made me want to say no even if I'd say maybe previously :) You are pregnant and have your hands full... No means no!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• hmm. i have a dd who will be 1 in 11 days. i am preggy. my sis asked me to babysit for her 4 yr old and twin 20 month olds. i told her i would rather not, but if there was no one else, and she couldnt take them, i would. she was frusterated, and ended up taking the kids with her, but she wasn't upset with me. she understood. it sucks that this psycho woman cannot be understanding for you.
    raineslibramom

Answer by raineslibramom at 10:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2009