If you witnessed a parent "smacking" a child in the face, what would you do?

I would call the cops.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have and I would again tell the mother that that is abuse and is not okay. I also asked a mother to consider treating her child with respect because he behaviour toward him was disgusting and she was borderline not fit to be a mother. Some one needs to stand up to these bullies and if everyone just minds their own business then abuse can go on and on and on. Hitting a child is no less a crime than sexual abuse and you would all stick up for that... what gives you the right to smack your child especially in the face, just because you are a MOM. You would be horrified if a stranger or another family member did it for the same reason as you.
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 9:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My mom smacked me in the face when I was 16 years old.

I will never forgive her for it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Depends on the kid, the crime and the intent. Frankly it isn't your business. OR mine.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Depends on where and who. If it was someone I know I would call the cops, if I didnt know them and it was in public there really isnt a whole lot that could be done
    Anonymous

• Mind my own business. Sometimes a good smack is deserved.
    Anonymous

• depends on the age of the child really...and if i witnessed the whole thing...i know i called the police on someone beating the tar out of a toddler where i was working...it was the saddest scariest thing i had ever witnessed..but a slap in the face in general..prob. nothing. not my kid..and the things kids do nowadays makes me wish more parents would smack em
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Depends on the situation and I'm sorry, but I must kindly disagree with you...it is my business and should be everyone else's too.... I saw a man in Walmart smacking his child...Walmart efused to call the police even though the whole store heard the child screaming...my son was crying b/c he felt bad for her...I did NOT mind my own business...called the cops and now she can sleep safe at night.
    Anonymous

• mind my own bussiness. although, if someone popped her kid on the mouth for being a smarta$$ or talking back, i'd applaud them for it.
    Anonymous

• This attitude of coddle the children is why the United States has some of the most weak minded, physically weak, and sickly children of all the "civilized" countries. Toughen them up a bit. Jeez.
    Anonymous

• The "mothers" who answer "Mind your own business" have most likely hit their own kids in the face...guilt consciences speak louder than words...
    Anonymous