When did you start juice?

Lenore0708

Asked by Lenore0708 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 6 months old I started giving the gerber baby juice. I never gave it more than once in a day and not every day. I used it mainly to tide her over if we were out and about and not at a place where I could easily nurse her.

My kids' pediatrician says no water or juice before 6 months old.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:17 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My son is 15 months and still only gets water breast milk and sometimes cows milk. He hasn't had juice. He loves fresh fruits and veggies so my doctor said there is no reason to give juice. That it has no benefit. Unless its 100% juice. (I'm assuming) But it rots their little teeth. SO he hasn't gotten any yet.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I didn't it is only empty calories, and very little nutrition.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I give my 11 month old a little bit if he hasn't had a bowel movement in a while, but besides that he doesn't get it on a regular basis yet.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 9:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• 2 oz juice 4 oz water with solids occasionally to my 6 month old
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• 3 months with my oldest and I will be starting it soon with my baby and he is 5.5 months old. 4oz and not diluted.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Well Lenore you knw my saying.. It's ur baby... Do it when ur ready.. It doesn't harm them to have a 4oz bottle once a day.. My kids are healthy and got great teeth as u see! We did the baby juice.. They drank a lil here and there.. More after their lunch.. But 4oz was it til they turned about 9 mths went to 6 oz.. Juice doesn't hurt.. Water is good.. Do what you feel is best!
    Pamela84

Answer by Pamela84 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2009