Menstrual cycles TMI question

How often do you have to change your pad/tampon during your periods? How often is too often? I am waiting on the on call doctor to call me back, so I have tried to contact my doctor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Health

• My mother used to have major problems. She would bleed thru the biggest tampon AND a thick pad in like 15 minutes. After that happened to her, I asked my dr about it, and they said pretty much what MELRN said, except they told me an hour. But, they also told me that if there was a sudden change, like that I was normal and changing it as often as normal (which for me is every 4-6 hours) and and then suddenly had to change it every two hours, for example, that I should go in.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• if your bleeding through one regular size pad or tampon in less then 45 minutes you need to go to an emergency room
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• LoL it depends..sometimes there really heavy..ive bled through a super plus tampon in about an hour an a half...sometimes..i can go overnight and nothing....it just depends. esp if youve just had a baby, if this is your first period expect it to be heavy!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Yeah I've always been told if you are soaking a tampon or pad in an hour you need to go to the ER.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2009