Is there any other opt. other than eip.?

Okay I had an emerg. csection with my lil girl last year and now I am prego again less then a year (this was not planned at all) now my OB/GYN says it would be best to have another csection done but this time she would like for me to have an EIP, I am so scared of the thought of having a spinal inject. done (whatever you want to call it), I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS ANY OTHER CHOICES I MAY HAVE TO GO WITH?, the doc had to put me to sleep with my first csection, Also is it true the second csections are worse than the first? Thanks for your answers.

mgperales

Asked by mgperales at 9:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a spinal and they sound worst then they are. I believe that there is another thing that they can use but i think it's along the same line.
    I don't know anything about c-sections i just new i didn't want to have one.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• spinal blocks are not to bad. I had one. They do hurt at first but then you go numb and can not feel the pain at all. I was sick afterwards but was given my baby the moment they were wheeling me out of the surgery room. I had a spinal headache for a couple weeks but it was not bad at all.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• my planned c-section (#2) was much better recovery than my emergency c-section (#1). when i came home from the hospital, i cooked dinner that day and everything lol. i only took 800mg motrin in the hospital up to the second day and that was it as far as pain control. by the third day (coming home day) i was completely fine and only had occasional period cramps from the uterus shrinking down. i had epidural with both of them and did not have any side effects. with my first son i was really sick and it was a while before i could get out of bed (i had severe pre-eclampsia), but with my second son i was feeling great soon afterwards. my hubby does anesthesia for a living and it should be painless going in (they numb the area first), and it's very rare to get any kind of side effects. it's better to have an epidural or spinal rather than going under general anyway bc going under general can affect the baby
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2009