What is the appropriate tempature for a baby's bottle?

Just wondering how warm the baby's bottle should be.

Seansgirl5

Asked by Seansgirl5 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How ever warm you make it. I use to take a hot cup of water and stick the bottle in it for a few minutes. It made it around room temp. My son loved it that way.
    Anonymous

• Ummm whatever temp they like it. My ff ids took room temp or cold honestly. My BF baby it wasn't an issue.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• room temp. i found it easier to just have a pitcher of water sitting out on the counter and use that, instead of warming it up. this also helps baby transition easier from formula to milk, so they don't have to have the milk warm. or you can just wait till the water turns warm on the tap, warm to your touch, and use that as well. but it doesn't have to be very warm
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I would do room temp too. Mine likes it cold or warm. I used formula and the powder mixes alot better when it's warm
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My DD liked her right out of the fridge. My son likes his around room temp or a little chilled. I stick his in a cup of hot tap water and how ever long it takes to change his diaper is how long I let it warm and that is usually enough.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 9:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My SIL was told by their pediatrician to just give the milk cold. The baby was fine with it, and it saved a lot of bothering with heating bottles.

Answer by Bmat at 9:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• my dd took it room temp, she couldn't drink warm formula, it made her throw up.... she was born in july so i guess warm milk in the summer is gross :P
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• whatever temp your baby likes. my dd likes it very warm. and yes sometimes it's a hassle to have to find a place to heat it up, or wait for it to heat up. i tried getting her to take it cooler, and after it was no longer bathwater warm, she would refuse it i tried for aver a week. i gave up. gets wants it hot, she gets it hot. lol. pick your battles.
    raineslibramom

Answer by raineslibramom at 10:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My daughter hates room temp bottles and cold bottles. We use a bottle warmer and it gets pretty warm and she drinks it right down.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• My son has always taken it at room temp. and now takes it cold or at room temp. so it doesn't HAVE to be warm but if your baby prefers it that way then it should not be hot enough to sting your skin when you test a few drops. and make sure to shake it real good first.
    Anonymous