Help with what to put in hospital bag!

Ok, I'm almost 37 weeks, this Saturday. I'm getting my bag ready, but I'm still not sure as to what I NEED, not what I want. I've already looked at other lists from this site and that, but I figured I'd ask advice from actual moms. So, what all did you guys put in your bags?

contrariant

Asked by contrariant at 9:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had three bags. First time mom. I over packed greatly. Basically what I used was a deck of playing cards, a book, my going home clothes, a robe, baby's going home clothes, a change of clothes for hubby, cash (our hospital didn't take credit cards), slippers and your normal deodorant, shampoo, etc.
    Anonymous

• plenty of onesies and clothes for the baby, you never know how messy it'll be IF it's your first ,
    an outfit for the baby to have it's pics made in, comfy clothes for you, shampoo, (hosptial stuff sucks), toothbrush, toothpaste, baby blankets, shouldn't need diapers the hospital usually provides them and they provide formula if you're not breast feeding, hair brush, something to pull your hair up with if it's long b/c if you're like me you don't want hair all in your face when yuo're trying to give birth lol...that's all i can think of for now if anything else comes to mind, i'll be back GL :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I have 3 boys and each time I always forgot my own shampoo and soap and razor....The hospitol's soaps suck!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• For baby- 10 sleepers, 10 oneies, lots of burp cloths, 2 take home outfits, blankets.
    For you- Bath robe, pj pants, t-shirts, my hoodie, socks, lots of underwear, bras, slippers, magazines, shower stuff.
    For dad- socks, boxers, pj pants, razor, t-shirts, jeans, shower stuff.
    I really hope this helps you out. Good Luck and congrats on the new LO.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2009