Wiccanings and other things involving children. Ages and ideas?

How old is too old for a baby to have a Wiccaning? Can parents perform it (or a close Pagan friend who is experienced) or does it HAVE to be a High Priest/ess? If your child doesn't have a Wiccaning or is "too old" for one, what are some good ideas for a first birthday celebration for our daughter, us, and a few close friends that we're out of the closet to? Thanks ladies! I have a few ideas, but I'm looking for some others.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I performed a wiccan blessing ritual, myself, for each of my four grandchildren. You may choose a friend or a relative who is "in" on your true path. It can be quite lovely and deeply spiritual. I gave the gift of a specially-selected gemstone to each of them and even made up a special certificate for each one's baby book. My youngest grandson was 1 month old at the time of his. My granddaughter was 8 yrs. old at the time of hers. The other two grandsons were 3 and 5.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• John 14:6
    Anonymous

• Wow. Thou shalt not suffer an anon to live.

Isn't that how that verse goes?
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 12:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• LMAO roachiesmom!!! My thoughts exactly
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• "John 14:6 "

who wants to go to their father only to be punished, when they can go to their Mother for love :)

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• You can do it either way. And I don't think its too late for you to do a Wiccaning.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Either way and a friend who is of the same path sometimes is better than a person that you don't know as well. It is a beautiful rite
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Anyone can do a Wiccaning/Paganing. And I don't think it's to late to do one. But personally I don't think it's the place of a parent to do any type of dedication for a child. I would do a basic blessing and ask that the gods watch over her as she grows. But religion is a very personal thing and should only be chosen once one is old enough to find their own path.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2009