sleeping problems

My son used to go to sleep realatively easily if we just rocked him and laid him in his crib when he got drowsy. Now he screams when i put him down and I have to rock him all the way to sleep before putting him in his crib and he will wake up several time throughout the night screaming and i will find him sitting up in his crib. Why has he started doing this and does anyone know how I can get him to go back to being so easy to put to sleep? Any advice would help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the same problem! i think it is just a phase though! how old is your son?? i would just do what i could to get my daughter to sleep, so i could get to sleep. I don't know if that's good advice, and i'm sure many would think it was rather bad advice lol. But since it wasn't a norm for my daughter, i thought something was wrong, it could just be separation anxiety, and he just wants you near by. I would say since this is also not normal behavior for your son, do what it takes to get him to sleep, and slowly ease him back into his old habit. i also heard ear infections hurt the worst when a baby is lying down, or maybe he is teething! good luck!
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Sorry I don't have any advice for you, but of you figure out something that works please let me know. My 19 month old twins are terrible sleepers. If they nap during the day I might get 20 min. And they almost never nap at the same time. I am up all night long with them. I have been exhasted for the last 19 months. Don't know how much longer I can do this.
    davis5291

Answer by davis5291 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• How old is he?
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I did the cry it out method when mine was about 7 months or so. It took about of week but now she goes right down with no complaints, and stays that way!
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I did the CIO. As long as he isn't crying longer than 30-45min then everything is good.
    MommyJ0697

Answer by MommyJ0697 at 2:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2009