A good book for the summer?

Not just one book a book list if you may. Need something besides internet for time to relax.

zoeilyy

Asked by zoeilyy at 10:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Anything by Jane Green is a perfect summer read.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 10:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer, Jane Eyre, Little Women and Little Men both by Louise Alcott, A Tale of Two Citys by Charles Dickens, The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy (all 5 books not just the one)by Douglas Adams, Duma Key by Stephen King, Lasher by Anne Rice. These are just a few of my favorites.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 10:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller- I read it atleast once a year. A MUST read!

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. You will fall in love with Lily Owen...

Wish You Well by David Baldaci- Amazing book
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• It depends on what you are interested in. What types of books/subjects do you like? I read all the time and many different genres. If you give an idea what you are interested, I can suggested some books.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• A new Janet Evanovich book just came out on Tuesday. It's book 15 in the series. My mom and a friend recommended them to me. They are funny, easy reads about a female bail bond enforcer in New Jersey who is torn between two men and whose sidekick is a former prostitute. The first one is One for the Money.

If you love chick lit, try Marian Keyes or the Shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• If you have read the twilight books and you liked them or saw the movie and liked it then there is a grown up version of it. Its the true blood series i just read the first book yesterday i couldnt put it down i think there is 9 books to the set as far as i know.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:22 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I get alot of good book ideas from goodreads.com

The devil wears prada & chasing harry winston by Lauren weisberger
    Under the tuscan sun by frances mayes
    p.s. i love you by cecilia ahern
    in her shoe by jennifer weiner
    confessions of a shopaholic by sophie kinsella
    the big love by sarah dunn
    Chic Lit is very good reading!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• back with some more!

swapping lives by jane green
    4 blondes & sex and the city by candace bushnell
    where the heart is by billie letts
    diary of a mad bride by laura wolf
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• OK, I LOVE the Outlander series, by Diana Gabaldon, there will be 7 books come september and they are riviting!

I just finished the Time Travelers Wife and loved that!
    mamasings

Answer by mamasings at 6:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Circle of Stones by Anna Lee Waldo (followed by Circle of Stars)
    Wales, the 12th Century: As told by Brenda, a mistress of Owain, the Prince of Wales, the court of Gwynedd faces the threat of amalgamation by the English realm and the Christian religion. Afraid of a fateful prophecy about her newborn son, Brenda flees Owain and Wales for the safety of a druid camp in Ireland. Comforted by their spiritual beliefs and the handsome Sein, Brenda begins to adapt to druid ways and to study druid knowledge. But when Owain's men recapture her, she claims that her son Madoc has died and reluctantly returns to court. Disgusted with Owain's bloodlust and the rivalry among his mistresses and sons, Brenda dreams of the day she'll return to her son and the druid community. But Madoc is fostered to a local druid teacher, just as the danger of external invasion and internal betrayal threaten Owain's power.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2009