how to start them...?

i went to the doctor today and they told me i dilated another cent and if i dont go into labor the next few days they are going to start my labor. I'm ready i just cant keep contractions or even start them i would rather me start them than the doctors. Any ideas???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had contractions naturally with both my babies, but with my daughter they needed to speed me up. Those contractions hurt so bad, BUT it did make labor and delivery quick once I had the meds. What I would suggest is LOTS AND LOTS of walking. lol. That's what got me going with DD. It took a few days of almost non-stop walking, but it happened!
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Yeah i have been trying that they were saying maybe if i dilate jjust alittle more then they baby will move on down and they will start but it feels like they are just going to let me dilate forever. I have dilated either 1/2 -1 cent a day its driving me CRAZY!
    Anonymous

• May be TMI but we had sex and he did his thing.. started contractions and had the baby less than 12 hrs later... GOOD LUCK
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I've tried sex everyday and walking but all i do is dilate . (TMI) During sex i have read they have to give you a orgasism for it to even help with starting with labor? Is this true. Sometimes i dont even want the sex right now i'm just not in the mood like i was before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• not to sure it will help but i knew a lady that would walk around all day and not have contractions but as soon as she would walk up stairs they would start.
    mommyofbrayd473

Answer by mommyofbrayd473 at 2:17 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I hadn't tried that but ill now thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2009