induction day jitters?....

I know i asked this earlier, but i'm hoping to get more answers from the ladies on this evening..

what should I expect on induction day?
I'm being induced on Monday morning, i need details ladies :)

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 10:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It depends on your health, baby's health, and how much progress you've made by the time you get there.

I had to be induced with both of my pregnancies. First one was for high blood pressure. They inserted a pill into my cervix for 12 hours that was to help soften the cervix and begin contractions, along with a low dose of pitocin running thru my IV. Then, they gave me the epi and broke my water, and about 4 hours later I delivered her vaginally.

2nd time was 3 weeks past due and already progressed well, so they just administered the pitocin alone to get labor going. Baby was too big to fit through my pelvis so they did a c-section about 13 hours after the induction.

Hope this helps a little!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2009