• In the Spotlight:

How many of my Pagan sisters ...

are vegitarians?
I'm curious because i've heard some "pagans" tell me that in order to "do no harm" and be at peace with the Goddess and God and all their creations that you cant eat meat.
I'm Eclectic Pagan and i still eat meat. I figure if the God and Goddess wanted us to be in harmony with everything we wouldnt need to eat. Because even if you eat a strict veggitarian diet you still have to kill something that was once living. Does that make sense? It's not really "harm" if you need it to survive and you are thankful for what was given to you, right?

Anyways, just curioius as to how many Pagan friends are veggitarians because of their faith.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, I'm a vegetarian, but not because of my religion. I hate meat, am lactose intolerant, and I feel healthier since I stopped eating meat.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I am definitely not a vegitarian.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I agree with your statement OP... I am a Wiccan -Witch and still eat meat... matter of fact ...lol... my steaks (a joke) are still mowing when they come off the grill... LOL...
    But I do have a sister who tho isn't 100% veggie, is real close to one... and she is also a Wiccan...
    I would guess it is up to the person and how they feel...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• If the Lord and Lady didn't want us to eat animals...they wouldn't have made them out of food.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I'm not a vegetarian either, and I like my steaks very rare like gmasboy, I kid around and when somebody asks me how I want my steak, I say just hurt it bad enough it can't get away from my knife and fork! Seriously though meat is good for humans, they were designed to be omnivores, eating both meat and vegetables to be healthy.

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Im trying to go that direction more but Im not there yet LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I think it is all a personal discretion, really. I am a HUGE carnivore. I fish for food (doesn't always catch something, but I try). I always give thanks for the food I am given, though. If it wasn't meant to be eaten, it wouldn't be edible.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• vegetarianism is against my religion ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Out of all the pagans I know in real life only 2 are vegetarians. And that is only for health reasons not religious.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I am a vegetarian, but I just think it is healthier.  My partner jokes about the fact the she is a "meatatarian".   She really doesn't eat any veggies, drives me crazy.

DebbieA

Answer by DebbieA at 9:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2009