Pagan friends (and like minded folk)

Are you worried about the end of the world? I know many Christians and other similiar religions are. But what about you? Do you think we're gonna blow ourselves up? Maybe a natural disaster big enough to wipe out human kind as we know it? What about 2012? And what sources (if any) of information lead you to believe what you do?

I'm sort of really on the fence abou this and i'm curious what other like minded people think.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 10:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that sooner or later Mother Earth is going to have just HAD IT with us pesky humans and there are going to be some "natural disasters" of the magnitude that will reduce human population back to barely sustainable levels. All the modern conveniences will be wiped out and we will be reduced back to hunter/gatherer status--those who are left. Learning will be lost and the dust of centuries will cover what is left of this civilization, and people will have to claw their way back up from caveman living. Then the cycle will have to be repeated.

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Honestly, I do not even think about it. If it is going to happen I will not be able to stop it. I focus on now.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• You know the *End* is always a possibility bc of how we treat Mother Earth and each other as humans...
    There are too many people whom want the ulitmate *Power* of sole control of the world...
    Do I believe that there could be an End?... Yes, by a bibical God... NO! but by human beings and their greed ...
    Is it soon... I don't believe so... In my gs's life time... I don't think so (he is 8 now) but in the future, Yes... it's just a matter of time when our Mother Earth just ups and quits on us...if she is not taken care of...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• The way I see it, there's nothing we can do about it - so why spend my life worrying about it?

I can't stop a super-volcano or Mt Everest sized meteor plummetting towards the earth. If leaders of various govts want to start hurling nukes at each other, I surely can't do anything about it.

Is the world as we know it going to end? Of course.
    When? Have no clue.
    Worried about it? Complete waste of time.

Whatever happens.... happens. Just rolling with the punches here.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I think it's very plausible that the world as we know it could end, not through any divine intervention but through our own acts. We have nutjobs with nuclear warheads and have damaged the natural balance of our planet enormously... between those two things I think it's quite conceivable that some mass disaster could occur at any time. That being said, I don't 'worry' about it because worry is useless. I try to enjoy the present moment- the only moment that is a given and not a memory or a fantasy. I try to be responsible for the planet, to teach my kids to be compassionate in the hopes that their generation will do a better job. There is not a whole lot else I can do about it.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I'm with anetrnlov and laura. If it's going to happen, than there's nothing I can do to stop it, so why spend my life worrying about it?

You know when I was younger I always had this feeling like I was just here as a watcher. There is something that is going to happen within my lifetime that I wanted to see. Something huge, world changing huge! But I have no idea what it is, or when it might happen. I used to think there was no point in doing anything, because this event is going to change everything. But then I began to wonder, What if it doesn't happen until I'm well into my old age? I might as well do something with this life of mine, while I have it. And if and when things change, I will adjust and worry about it then.

That's kind of how I feel about the end of the world. If or when it happens, I will deal with it then. For the moment, it's not worth worrying about.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I agree with all the above posters, there is nothing we can do about it now. If it's going to happen, I just hope it will be sudden and quick...
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• If anything we'll blow ourselves up...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as
    effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing
    bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that
    never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm
    on some idle Tuesday.

Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Im not worried. I think there will be big changes but not of the blow up the world and all die kind.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2009