• In the Spotlight:

My 5 yr. old fell and bit a huge hole in her tongue, what should I do for this? Let it heal itself or take her to the hospital?

mommyof2gals

Asked by mommyof2gals at 10:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would take her to the hospital to have them look at it. Better safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

• Depends on how big it is.
    If it's just a tiny bite then let it go.
    The tongue is one of the fastest healing parts of our body.

If it's a huge hole and seeping blood, then obviously go to the doctor.
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 10:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• i agree with Morgan
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I'd call her pediatricans after hour number for an opinio. If it were me I would probably take her because she might need stitches, I'd say if it keeps repeatedly opening up and bleeding she would need stitches, and also puncture wounds have a high infection risk, and with the mouth being so full of bacteria, I would worry about that too.
    nellyb118

Answer by nellyb118 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• if its not bleeding profusely i would take her to her reg doc tomorrow they may want to put her on antibiotics, the mouth is full of bacteria so they may want to have her do something to keep infection out. if its a huge hole and bleeding profusely i would take her to the er
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• ER. My friend's daughter bit "a huge hole" in her tongue while roller skating ---- had to get stitches.

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Stick and earring through it.
    Anonymous