Would you move if you had a bad gnat problem and your apt was getting a little run -down or put money into it yourself to fix up with your own money?

yes money is tight

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well it would depend on what the cost difference would be, if its cheaper to fix it myself i'd fix it myself. if its cheaper to move i'd move.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I'm not improving ANYONE ELSE'S property for free. I would maybe sink some money into it if my landlord was reimbursing me (and I trusted him to do so), but I would move if I were in your situation, personally.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Um, what does your lease say? The garden variety lease says repairs under a certain amount fall to the tenant. (Ours is 25 bucks).

As far as the 'gnats' go, are you sure they are gnats, and not small flies- those come from mushy organic matter, commonly in your drains. You can fix that by cleaning them. Foaming pipe snake works.

Your landlord might work with you to improve the house. Ours pays for supplies and we put up labor. I also manage some property when the owner is away on biz, and he does the same thing.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Do not fix it ....I did and got screwed big time. I fixed all my promblems in my last apartment and even remodel it. Lived in it for 5 yrs, not once was he in my home into I had a major water heater leak. 2 months later..I came home and found a note on my door....A notice to leave the apartment in 30 days saying that the buliding was being sold and torn down. I moved out and found out he did not sell it nor was he tearing it down. Instead he rent it to a friend of mine sister who was paying double amount of the rent I was paying.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 12:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2009