What practical things can I do to strengthen my hair?

I've been pretty stressed lately, and my hair has started falling out. I need tips! Besides taking vitamins....

rlemde

Asked by rlemde at 11:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• What kind of shampoo are you using? I know a few people who use Garnier Fruitess and it makes ALL of our hair fall out. I switched back to Pantiene(sp?)..Go to a hair salon and just ask them..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• try nioxin shampoo and conditioner. its sold at salon, but it is especially for hair loss, its not the cheapest but from what ive heard it works. otherwise prenatal vitamins, ino u said you didnt want to take them though.

try not to mess with it a lot, avoid color, and perms, and ponytail, so it remains stronger.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 11:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• If you are under a lot of stress, thats the first thing you have to do is find a way to de-stress your self. Write down everything your are stressing about...and make a plan of action. Take it one step at a time, the smallest one then the hardest one...walk and breathe slow and easy to remove it from your system and your mind. rest assure that you have written a plan of action. be confident that your handeling your problems the best way you can and that your cant do anything better at that moment and will face it as it comes...

Now what kind of shampoo, conditioner, products do you use? Any thing new that you maybe reacting to?You can rub and scratch your head to get the blood flow going,that helps with new hair and growth.
    Diet...hmmm? if your under stress,i bet your diet is way off the charts...huh?So my bet its still the stress level.

Walk! relax.eat good food,take care of yourself. its important! the hair will follow
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 11:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Make sure you get your hair cut every 6-8 weeks. And use a deep conditioner weekly. My favorite is one you can make at home. I blow dry my hair just about daily and have the strongest hair. Mix together one egg, a spoonful of mayonnaise, a spoonful or plain yogurt and a little bit of olive oil. Once you've used this a few times, you'll know how much of each thing thing to mix in. Put it in your hair for 20 minutes. It's awesome! And the yogurt makes your hair smell sweet, so you won't smell like mayo.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I already take vitamins. That's the only reason I put that. Nothing big, sorry.
    rlemde

Answer by rlemde at 6:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• avon has a really good restoreative shampoo and hair care line at http://www.youravon.com/laurelthomas
    wildhearted72

Answer by wildhearted72 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2009