Would you believe a mom working in a daycare with her child who is 1 she brought with her got fired for smacking his hand when he went and pulled another child's hair! What do you think is this overboard policy or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I thinks thats crazy that was her child she can do what she wants with him.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Wow... that's dumb. I don't smack my daughter's hand and she's 1 (and REALLY mean to cats!) but I don't think it's a completely unacceptable punishment, either. Definately not a terminatable offense.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• i think it's fair. if another daycare worker had slapped her child's hand she would want them fired. on top of that it's probably not a good daycare to being with, every single one i know of will not allow you to work in the age room your child is in, in order to prevent that kind of thing, and to prevent more attention being paid to the one child
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Hitting a child in a daycare is NEVER tolerared, no matter who the child belongs to.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I hardly consider a little smack on the hand hitting a child.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• well the little girl whose hair he pulled was crying. I thnk this is just extremisam and maybe the way parents will be treated too soon! only kids being taken away!CRAZY!
    Anonymous

• No thats dumb. If I were the parent of the other child I would step up for the teacher. She was protecting another child from her own child and trying to teach her child not to pull its hair. I'd be mad if she did nothing.
    Anonymous

• If it's against company policy to discipline a child using corporal punishment and she knew the policy then they are justified in firing her. Remember if licencing came through at that point they would have had no idea that it was her child. She could have cost her facility it's licence.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• It is a terminable offense. How does a parent, visitor or state inspector know that the child the teacher is hiting is her own child or not? If a state insepctor for day cares was in the center and seen that, they center could have been fined or shut down. She did wrong and should have been fired, her child or not, she went against company policy and if she was in Wisconsin, against state law. She could have cost the center their license.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2009