• In the Spotlight:

Potty Training a 3 year old twin.

I have twin girls who will be 4 in November, one of them is potty trained and has been for about a year, the other just refuses to use the potty. She will sit on the potty and hold her pee, then as soon as she gets up she pees all over the floor. I have tried to leave her on a little longer, and tried to leave her on for just a few seconds, have her get up and then get back on to try and "catch it". But its like she knows when she needs to go but she just doesn't want to do it in the toilet. Now I have a son who just turned 2 and he is starting to potty in the toilet as well. But she still doesn't want to. Any suggestions on what I should do I am open to pretty much anything right now. I want her to be able to start preschool in the fall with her sister but at this point I don't see it happening.

4timemom0509

Asked by 4timemom0509 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I know it will sound bad but punishing for the accidents (not spanking or anything) like taking toys away, can't play till you pee, ect. Reverse phsycollogy "your a baby if you wear diapers" "Big girls go potty in the tolet" What worked for my son was letting him pick out his own underwear and telling him not to pee in them or we would have to take them off. When he did he would get so upset at peeing in his underwear that he figured it all out really quick. I didn't have to really punish him he did it himself lol good luck hunny its hard :D
    Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 3:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I had the same problem with my boy/girl twins(4 in Sept) He went to the bathroom just fine, but it was her. I took to Walmart and let her see all the pretty cartoon panties that she could wear in order to be a big girl and it worked. They still have accidents, but they are potty trained.

they still wear pullups to bed for the night time accidents, but now I have another obstacle to overcome. She now gets up out of her sleep to pee and he refuses too. I guess thats the next step.
    MrsRiv

Answer by MrsRiv at 8:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2009