Am I a bad mother?

My 2 1/2 year old son is sitting here with me. The Tv is on in the background playing Family Guy. Is it bad that he just sat here and sang the entire intro song at the beginning of the show? I mean every word clearly.

Granted this child can say the entire ABC's, count to 10 in English and Spanish and has over 200 flash cards and can name every one of them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I personally wouldn't let my kids watch Family Guy, but I don't think it makes you a bad mother. The fact that your little one has such an amazing vocabulary speaks otherwise :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• No you are not a bad mom, but soon he will start catching what is really going on on FG so it will be time to DVR your shows and start watching them once your kiddo goes to bed (that is what we do).
    Anonymous

• Thanks, I was so embarrassed and felt so guilty when I heard him singing that. He picks up on everything and I can't believe half the things he says. _OP_

Anonymous

• I would not let my 13 year old watch that. There has got to be something better for him to watch or something the two of you could do together.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Dont ask us if your a bad mother, ask yourself. Your conscious should tell you. If you feel THAT guilty about it, there's probably something about the situation that should change. Maybe dont play inappropriate TV shows while the LO is around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• it doesnt make you a bad mother, if he is still learning the things he needs to and is happy and healthy you are on the right track. i wouldnt personally let my daughter watch that particular show but your his mother and you know whats best for him...keep up the good work!!
    Elonis_mom

Answer by Elonis_mom at 2:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2009